These are thoughts that occur to me when I think of when I think of ROADBUSTER, the 1985 Autobot Ground Assault Commander.
- The "Canyonero" commercial from The Simpsons
- lots of tiny, expensive accessories
- an irksome, Roadbuster-shaped gap in my G1 collection
- Whirl, the other Autobot "Deluxe Vehicle" and thus foster sibling to Roadbuster, and who is also bothersomely absent from my collection shelves
- The Wreckers, the hodge-podge collection of Autobot Triple-Changers, Jumpstarters and Deluxe Vehicles into which Roadbuster and Whirl were lumped
- all the other Transformers with "road" in their name
- my good friend Ryan Smythe, who is a big fan of the Roadbuster toy, and who was thus eager to edit this (finally!) unobstructed scan of Roadmaster from Transformers Legacy: The Art of Transformers Packaging (thanks, Ryan!)
- the recent Generations toy which is actually not bad at all
- Texas, obviously
Now this is what I call an update. Let's start off with the new pics. The prodigal Paul Heal has returned with a bevy of improved edits: Bumblebee, Huffer, Hook, Devastator, Overbite and Overlord. They look sweet!
The Snaptrap has delivered an improved Doublecross and Mirage, as well as the new Autobot and Decepticon logos that appear throughout the site.